Friday, October 19, 2012

The Other Kind of Day

 Last time I wrote, I was having a really good day. The tables have turned over the past two days. I presume it started yesterday. Things just don't work out well when you have to spend all day writing a crappy Short Story essay in one day. It wasn't because I had procrastinated either, but because I didn't get permission to use my topic until Tuesday evening, and had class all day Wednesday. The only work I could get done on it Wednesday night was to find quotes... Anyway, I quickly discovered that it IS possible to be bored out of your skull while sitting in bed all day.

Probably the only good thing that came out of Thursday was discovering the music of Peter Hollens. He's an a cappella artist who creates multi-layer tracks of himself. I think the majority of my readers will especially enjoy this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlCPOCwo3FY

So after a nasty day and a tough night (there's only so much crappy essay writing I can do before the migranes set in) I woke up this morning to an 8:00 am class, and massive leg cramps. Wonderful, right? Not to mention it was Music (Intro. to Western Music) which is really boring for me. Right from there I knew today would be sour - which is really upsetting me, because I get to go home today. Perhaps it's looking forward to something so wonderful which is making the rest of the day take so long.

Somewhere between Anthropology, my second class of the day, and now, I developed nervous butterflies in my stomach. Now in addition to painful legs and a lingering headache, I feel queasy and have no idea why. Perhaps I'm making up for being so cheerful earlier in the week. This week started brilliantly, so maybe I used up my quota of goodness for the week all at once.

I apologize for ranting so meaninglessly about my life. When I started my blog, I meant to post about interesting things, and now it seems I just get stuck turning this into a journal, which is precisely what I don't like about blogging.

Hmmm, maybe my next blog should be about how much I don't like blogging. That would be quite a conundrum. Also, it might interest you to know that Spell Check for this page thinks "conumdrum" could be corrected to "conundrum" or "crematorium". Not quite sure about the second one...

No comments:

Post a Comment